…THE STAY AND PLAY!!
If you haven’t been to the Stay and Play in Old Saybrook, GO. It’s amazing. I’ve been to many, many of the popular play places for the “younger-than-elementary-school” crowd here in CT, and I have to say, this one is a favorite, if not my all-time favorite. It’s basically a giant warehouse-style room that has been made very kid-friendly. They have an amazing, huge wooden play structure, lots of tumbling items for free play (mats, balls, trampolines, etc), a train table, a gated-off area for crawlers..AND a toy and book store filled with really high-quality items AND a full cafe with healthy, tasty food you’d actually want to eat and feed to your children. Oh, and you can eat on a school bus-turned-kids’ cafe. It’s one of the few places I can confidently bring both Joshua and Nate without tons of planning. They have food, plenty to keep the kids busy, decent coffee, the cleanest bathrooms I’ve ever seen in a kids’ place, comfy couches for parents and babies to relax on, books and magazines for the grown ups to read…you can even buy diaper kits if you forget the entire diaper bag at home 🙂
- Open SEVEN days a week, 9:30-5:30
- Admission is $8 per child…adults and babies who don’t crawl yet are free
- No outside food (but you won’t mind because theirs is fabulous…try the chicken salad)
- Ages for play are crawlers to UNDER 7. This means toddlers and preschoolers can play without fear of being knocked down by the big kids 🙂
- Located at 175-2 Research Parkway, Old Saybrook, CT 06475 (down the road from Old Saybrook Stop & Shop)
- At the time of this posting, they are selling “play passes” which are $60 and good for 10 visits, saving you $2 per visit.