Well, I’m very pleased to tell you that handling my 3 year old Roan this past week has been much easier since my post last week! I think writing my Magic list about him definitely helped but then I also have to give a lot of credit to a book I’m reading called “Real Love in Parenting.” It’s an eye-opener and it’s helped me parent my 3 year old, as well as my other children, with a heart that is wide open. I recommend it highly! I can’t say that the tantrums have disappeared, but I’M much better at handling them and then afterwards he always tells me he loves me. In fact, I can’t even COUNT how many times he’s told me he loves me this week (he just came in and told me again right now! How does he always know when I’m writing about him?!). Being able to say all of this is DEFINITELY magical!!!
* Having a wonderful group of friends over for dinner last night! (And our house looks relatively clean for having had 10 children here!)
* Hubby and I NOT freaking out when we had to come home early (VERY EARLY) from our date on Sunday because our 3 year old was having a tough time (see, I told you the tantrums are still there, but they’re not as irritating as they once were! 😉 )
* Saving our Sunday by coming home with “Cars 2” and burgers and fries ~ we had a family picnic in front of the fire watching our movie.
* Hearing that so many of my CT friends have the power restored! I’m so happy for all of you!
* Thinking that this may be a very magical week!
Please join me and share some of the simple things that you’re grateful for ~ I promise it’ll make for a better day! Happy Magical Monday!