So, remember those Sugarless Halloween Treats? Let’s make something for Christmas!
I am not against giving your kids sugary treats all the time (we made and frosted cookies the other night). But for the class gathering/party there is always an abundance of candy canes, chocolate, cupcakes and cookies that sometimes it’s nice to bring something different.
So here are instructions for making Santa Pizzas (This picture is from 2 years ago, but I tweaked it last year and this recipe will look a bit different, but just as cute):
(This recipe will make 24)
2 Pillsbury Pizza Classic Crusts
Small Jar of Pizza Sauce
24 slices of Provolone Cheese (sliced thin)
2 cans sliced olives
1 large Biscuit cutter (or a Santa shaped cookie cutter)
The How to:
– Heat oven to 425 degrees.
– Open the pizza crust and unroll onto a floured surface.
– Use your cutter to cut out 24 circles (or if you are using a cookie cutter, it’s even easier). Gently pull the top to make a point and fold over a bit.
– Use the cutter again to cut the provolone in a circle. Use the cutter to cut the circle in half (so it looks like a crescent moon). Place this on the dough to make the beard, and use the top as his mustache (you can use a knife to make a notch for his mouth).
– Place olives for eyes
– Put 1/4 cup of sauce in a baggie or a piping bag. Pipe a nose and mouth (in the notch you made).
– With remaining sauce paint the hat.
– Cut strips of cheese to place for his hat brim, and a small circle for a pom pom (you can even use a slice of a cheese stick- I always have them around).
– Bake in the oven 10-12 minutes (you don’t want the cheese to melt too much and run).
– Use a Christmas tree cutter to make your shapes. Make an egg white wash with 2 egg whites mixed with about 1/4 cup of water. Add several drop of green food coloring. Paint the trees green. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dot with sauce. Bake the same as above.
-Use biscuit cutter to cut circle. Cut the provolone with same cutter and place on top. Use the olives for eyes, sauce for a mouth and one shredded carrot for a nose!
Happy Holidays and have fun!