Less than one month until Valentine’s Day…let the planning begin!
I’m kind of a weird-o.
Valentine’s Day is my favorite winter holiday.
Of course I love Christmas…and I don’t love Valentine’s Day because I expect a fancy dinner out, jewelry and rose petals on every surface of my home (could you imagine the clean up?! UGH!).
I love it as a family day.
With two boys, I have made it a goal to teach them how to be appreciative of others and how to think of others in little ways. Valentine’s Day is a great day to teach this. I love making it a special day with tons of small details- fun, homemade crafts, heart shaped treats, pink and red foods…the list goes on. I try to avoid the commercialized “Hallmark-ness” of the day and focus on making our own fun all day long.
As for my fancy, romantic Valentine’s Day dinner? It will probably look like this again this year:
…and I couldn’t be happier!! I wait all year for my heart-shaped pizza dinner (perhaps with cherry sodas this year??)
I’m looking for more homemade Valentine’s Day ideas! Let’s hear them!
Latest posts by bernhardsonbunch (see all)
- Spring Cleaning Projects - March 5, 2014
- A Week of Working-Mom Friendly Dinners - February 26, 2014
- Kindergarten Readiness: What should your child know? - February 19, 2014
- Dear Boys: This is what you were REALLY like…(volume two) - February 12, 2014
- In Defense of Having Bored Children - February 5, 2014