Less than one month until Valentine’s Day…let the planning begin!
I’m kind of a weird-o.
Valentine’s Day is my favorite winter holiday.
Of course I love Christmas…and I don’t love Valentine’s Day because I expect a fancy dinner out, jewelry and rose petals on every surface of my home (could you imagine the clean up?! UGH!).
I love it as a family day.
With two boys, I have made it a goal to teach them how to be appreciative of others and how to think of others in little ways. Valentine’s Day is a great day to teach this. I love making it a special day with tons of small details- fun, homemade crafts, heart shaped treats, pink and red foods…the list goes on. I try to avoid the commercialized “Hallmark-ness” of the day and focus on making our own fun all day long.
As for my fancy, romantic Valentine’s Day dinner? It will probably look like this again this year:
…and I couldn’t be happier!! I wait all year for my heart-shaped pizza dinner (perhaps with cherry sodas this year??)
I’m looking for more homemade Valentine’s Day ideas! Let’s hear them!
Latest posts by bernhardsonbunch (see all)
- DIY Elf on the Shelf - December 4, 2013
- Striking Balance During the Holiday Season - November 27, 2013
- Holiday Gifts: Help Buying for Nieces and Nephews - November 20, 2013
- The pros and cons of having a five year old - November 13, 2013
- Stopping The Tantrums: How Epic, Mega Consistency Helped Us - November 6, 2013