My favorite time after the holidays is searching for the best after holiday sales! You can find great local bargains on a wide variety of items. Below are some of my favorite places to shop:
Week after Christmas:
- Kohls: At least 50% off and the selection is good. I go to the one in Rocky Hill.
- Consignment Originals and Uptown Consignment (both in Rocky Hill). They want to quickly get rid of not only Christmas decorations, but also winter sweaters, shoes and purses. Also, Uptown occasionally has their dollar sales. simply ask for the next date by calling or visiting their Facebook page.
- Marshalls/Home Goods: At least 50% off holiday items and a good selection to choose from.
- Lands End/LL Bean: Usually they offer another 30% off items already on sale, sometimes even 50%!
Week after New Years:
- Home Depot: They have 75% off Christmas decorations the day after New Years. Stock up fast, because quantities are limited. The best locations are in Manchester and Glastonbury.
- Amazon.com: You can get great deals on kids toys and products, such as diapers and wipes.
- Dealnews.com: By far this is my favorite website. They search for the best deals 24/7 and post them on their website. Its super convenient. Also, take it a step further and sign up for their daily alerts. You will never miss a deal:
What are your favorite local stores or websites to shop after the holidays?
Until next time – Happy New Year!