February brings with it the 6 month anniversary of the CT Working Moms website! The site has done better than we could have ever imagined and we are so happy that you enjoy our content and posts. It’s been a really great 6 months and we’re excited for the next 6! Check out some detail about the development of our website:
We have 17 fabulous work-mom bloggers. (See them here)
- We’ve put up 382 blog posts.
- You’ve left 2,000 comments (we love your comments!)
- We’ve had over 22,000 website hits.
- There are 51 people subscribed to our site (meaning they get an email every time a new post goes up) (p.s. you know you want to subscribe too, like right now)
- We’ve given away 52 freebies (mostly from CT based artisans) (another one coming this Friday!)
We were nominated for:
- Best Local Mom Blog by Parents Magazine
- Top 100 Mom Blogs by Babble.com
Our top 5 most viewed blog posts to date are:
- How Can I Be a Pro-Choice Mom
- Not Your Ordinary Green Bean Casserole
- Don’t Sell Me Mom Jeans
- Cleaner Living Toxin #10
- 25 Rules for Mothers of Sons
The top 3 terms people used in search engines to find our site:
- green bean casserole (wow, you all really loved this one!)
- mom jeans (because that is one darn funny post!)
- ct working moms (classic)
Our Confess It Page has 50 confessions from our readers.
- Magical Monday (Written by Kate Street)
- They Said it Tuesday
- Wisdom Wednesday (Written by Sarah Bernhardson)
- Tasty Thursday (Written by Gena Golas)
- Freebie Friday
- Special Needs Sunday (Written by Kris-Ann Race)
- Cleaner Living (Written by Dena Fleno) This terrific column was recently featured by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics – a big deal!
We’ve gathered information for you about many topics important to working moms including:
- Caring for Yourself
- Child Care
- Healthy & Safety
- Newsletters of Interest
- Special Needs Families
On a personal level, I have to say my favorite thing about the website so far are our terrific work-mom bloggers that write such great content. I love that our bloggers are honest about their feelings, honest about how it really is to be a working mom and I love the community we have started to create here in Connecticut.
Help us celebrate this milestone by leaving a comment and letting us know some of your favorite things about the website! xoxo