I was struggling with what to write about this week. I have a few things mulling around my head, but nothing was coming out right as a post. So I thought it might be fun to do something more light hearted.
We’re all writing our day in the life posts, but what if we wrote about a day in our dream life. Here’s mine (stay tuned for my real day in the life tomorrow):
– Wake up at anytime other than before 7:00 a.m.. Put on my cute work out clothes and head out for a run (because I’m a runner in my dream life).
– Enjoy a coffee and light breakfast at a cute outdoor cafe, because it’s always warm outside in my dream life and I don’t have to worry about the cost of eating out
– Head to the baseball field to watch the boys play, chat with the other parents on the bleachers, my baby girl snoozes in her stroller (because I have cute baby girl in dream life).
– After lunch, spend some time out in my garden and pick up the eggs from the chicken coop (it is my absolute DREAM to have backyard chickens), the boys are off riding bikes with their buddies, baby girl is sitting in the sunshine, playing with toys on her blanket. Daddy is doing yard work (his dream life, I’m sure).
– Later in the afternoon, drop all the kids off at Mimi and Grampie’s for the night. Sleep over!
– Mom and Dad head out to dinner at a casual but delicious restaurant, then out to a movie. Maybe we even grab a drink somewhere after because, hey! the kids are at their grandparents and we don’t need to worry about waking up early the next day.
So tell me about your dream day…and don’t feel guilty if yours doesn’t include your kids (I debated about adding them in). We all deserve (and need) a break.