This is one of those Mondays where I can’t believe I have to talk about gratitude because I feel exactly the opposite (am I the crabbiest Fairy you know, or what?). My mood took a down-turn sometime on Saturday and has only gotten worse ~ it’s really one of the longest ugly moods I’ve had in a while. I’m thinking it’s not just me ~ I heard from four friends yesterday who all shared with me (before I even said anything about my mood) how awful they were all feeling. So there must be mucky-yucky swirling energy going around. No matter what I do, I can’t find my way out of this. And I find the worst thing about such moods is my habit of beating myself up for feeling this way. So, I’ve decided to do things a bit differently ~ if I can’t find my way out of this yucky-muck, I’m going to LOVE myself through it. I’m not going to deny my feelings or try to talk myself out of them, I’m just going to accept them and then tell myself (OUT LOUD, when possible) that I LOVE myself no matter how I’m feeling. I’m also wondering if I can feel grumpy and NOT use it an excuse to be mean to my children. I’ll give it a try. This will be an interesting experiment ~ ALLOWING my grump while still loving myself and NOT being mean to others. Wonder how I’ll do…..
Okay, the only magic I can muster:
* A 90 minute nap all by myself yesterday.
* A night-time bubble bath with a beer after the 2 littlest ones were asleep last night.
* Knowing other people feel the same crabby way.
* Looking forward to talking to my friend, El, this morning (who was also crabby yesterday).
* Getting some things done in the yard this weekend.
* Thinking maybe the day will end better than it started. Wouldn’t THAT be nice?
How is Monday treating YOU?