“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” –Melody Beattie
Hello Magical Mamas! Today we’re exploring a bit more why GRATITUDE is such a valuable practice to cultivate.
According to this article “studies show that cultivating a sense of gratitude can help you maintain a more positive mood in daily life and contribute to greater emotional well-being and bring social benefits as well. Cultivating gratitude is one of the simpler routes to a greater sense of emotional well-being, higher overall life satisfaction, and a greater sense of happiness in life. People with a greater level of gratitude tend to have stronger relationships in that they appreciate their loved ones more, and their loved ones, feeling that appreciation, tend to do more to earn it. And because those who are happier, sleep better, and enjoy healthy relationships tend to be healthier, grateful people tend to be healthier people.”
I gotta say the better sleep benefit is especially captivating….though I wonder how many of those grateful people in the study had babies. 😉 In any case, I’ve been doing a daily gratitude list for years now and I can fully attest that life is SO MUCH BETTER when you count your blessings on a regular basis. When you notice the GOOD STUFF, more GOOD STUFF comes to you. My life (both my inner and outer) is very, very different now than when I first started.
I still think CTworkingmoms.com would have fun with a GRATITUDE CHALLENGE. What do you think? If you’d like to see how different you’ll feel in just ONE WEEK, join me for today’s Magical Monday and tell me what you’re grateful for. (And for more daily gratitude don’t forget to check out my blog My Everyday Magic.)
This Magical Monday I’m grateful for:
* A FANTASTIC visit with my parents this past weekend ~ we ALL had such a wonderful, wonderful time!
* Watching my 4 year old play and interact with his grandparents, which he DID NOT do at all when he was a 3 year old. 😉
* Herb-Garlic-Bread, yummmm!!!!
* Chocolate-peanut-butter-chip brownies!
* Sleeping to the sound of wind and rain last night ~ I absolutely LOVED this!
* Seeing how GREEN the grass turned instantly with just a bit of rain.
* Knowing that even if I can’t control circumstance, I can control how I FEEL about them ~ always a challenge, but it’s getting easier.
Join me and tell me what is so Magical about your Monday?