I keep a journal for each of my daughters. I try to write in each of theirs weekly, but sometimes it turns to bi-weekly, or even monthly. I comment on developmental milestones, family events, current events, or funny things that they have done or said. I love looking back and reading over my entries from when they were newborns, when I was stressed that they were not rolling over or sitting up fast enough.
Recently, I was re-reading entries from when my oldest daughter first turned three. I have a wonderful collection of thoughts, questions, and wisdom that she has imparted on me, and I feel compelled to share:
- I’m going to marry Marcus…he’s the line leader, and that’s a really great job.
- I like your singing Mom, you sound just like Rihanna.
- Boys CAN marry boys and girls CAN marry girls.
- Can Princesses get diarrhea?
- Can Princesses who live in a castle get diarrhea?
- If Cameron (her younger sister) keeps being so grumpy she’s going to have to live in a crappy house with strangers. **Yes, apparently my three year old uses the word “crappy”.
- Does cheese come from a cow’s vagina?
- Does milk come from a cow’s bum-bum?
- Udders..oh yes, the booby things.
- Boys can wear jewelry, my Uncle D wears LOTS of jewelry!
- Some people aren’t born, they are made.
- Being the big sister is better than being the little sister.
- Frog, tadpole, egg. Frog, tadpole, egg, that’s the circle of life, I learned that in science.
- Trash helper is not the best job.
- Sometimes you need privacy when you poop.
- I know there is a baby in there, but HOW did it get in there?
- Someday I want Kiki, from the Fresh Beat Band, to pick me up at school.
I continue to be amazed at how much I learn from my daughters on a daily basis. They are full of wonderful thoughts, opinions and the constant barrage of questions! What are some of the funniest things your children have said to you?