The timing of this series could not be better since I’ve promised to be my true self once we move to CT (just a few more weeks!!). I’ve never felt like I fully fit in living in MA and am taking this opportunity to just be who I am. So here it goes.
This is me.
I fluctuate between someone who wants to look put together all the time and someone who really just wants to wear jeans and a fleece all the time.
- I really, really want to raise chickens.
- I really want to get a tattoo but am too scared…I’m going to do it though, I promise!
I like pop music.
I love marching bands and was in one through high school. In fact, my husband and I met at band camp (insert American Pie jokes here).
I want to become a runner but am too embarrassed to start trying. In my mind, I’m not thin enough to be a runner.
I am shy in person because I have really low self esteem…but find writing to be very therapeutic and am probably too honest.
I desperately want to have a third child…but am terrified that it will be another boy and have autism. (Not scared of a third boy, just the autism part)
I don’t like to stay up late.
I’m very intuitive and observant. Because of this, I think I’m a pretty good gift giver.
- I love the experience of going out for coffee, even though I know it’s a rip off.
- I yell at my kids a lot and always feel heartsick after I do it
- I hardly ever eat at parties because I’m awkward and can’t gracefully balance holding a drink and eating finger food
- I CANNOT hold my liquor
- I’m really sad that my “baby” is turning three in June
- I love bands that are just a bit alternative, but don’t like them as much once they go mainstream
- I love for my family to wear coordinating outfits (see photo below).
- Sadly, I’m starting to get grey hair.
This exercise reminds me of the book The Happiness Project where the author vows to become her true self and stop hiding things she likes because she’s afraid of what others might think. I feel like that’s something I’ve been doing for a while and can’t wait to show the world who I truly am.