Moms are pretty lucky to have a permanent non-expiring Wild Card in their relationship- the whole “carrying a child for 9 months and the entire process of giving birth” thing. You know, it’s like when you’re playing UNO and not only do you have a hand full of Wild cards, but the Mom card is like the “Wild Draw Four” card. It’s virtually unbeatable. But what about Dads? I gotta tell you that my husband does a LOT. I like to think that our Jake/home duties are pretty equal. (except for that whole, 9 months + 19 hours of labor thing) See? There’s that Wild Draw Four card again!
But enough about the Mom Card.
Mike is pretty much the best Jake’s Dad in the world.
- I love him for being my tag team in this whole parenting thing.
- I love him because he lets me take my long runs on the weekends.
- I love him for knowing just how to rub Jake’s back at 3:00 in the morning put him back to sleep.
- I love him because he wears pastel Vineyard Vines polos and Lilly Pulitzer Ties. Just for me.
- I love him because he always has my favorite wine stocked in our bar.
- I love him because he loves pizza and fried clam strips.
- I love him because he wouldn’t trade this part of his life for anything.
- I love him because he works so, so, so hard for us.
- I love when he gets down on the ground and wrestles with Jake.
- I love that he doesn’t mind matching outfits with Jake. (Sometimes…)
- I love it when he puts on his Bruins jersey to watch the games.
- I love that he has made Jake one of his biggest passions in his life.
- I love that he is still hot for me.
Happy Father’s Day to all of the awesome and wonderful Dads out there. I’ll be toasting both my dad (the man who I owe my Gin & Tonic obsession to), and my husband, Jake’s Dad, this weekend and loving everything that there is to love about them. And I’ll reserve my Wild Draw Four for another day.