How do you feel about the title of today’s post? Do you think it’s offensive? Do you cringe a little at the “B” word?
I used to. I used to think it was one of the worst insults someone could give me. But not anymore. I’ve been on a spiritual journey the past few years ~ a journey that has led to discovering my TRUE, AUTHENTIC self.
My TRUE, AUTHENTIC self is very generous, very loving, always looks for the good in everyone and in every situation. Surprisingly, my AUTHENTIC self is also very comfortable being a bitch when called for.
Yes, it has been very amusing to discover that my AUTHENTIC self is not as nice as my ego has been pretending to be.
I’m not saying that I go out of my way to be a bitch, but I will pull it out if the situation calls for it. Sometimes that means:
* saying “no” to others in order to say “yes” to myself.
* telling my kids that I am no longer their referee or mediator and I will no longer be a part of their drama (do you know how HUGE this is?)
* writing letters to companies who give me crappy service and demanding otherwise (this has always worked out in my favor)
* not calling people back who just want to enlist me in their mayko (mayko is a spiritual term for bullshit).
* telling the cable guy at the door that he is an hour late and that is NOT appreciated.
* throwing the f-word around in passionate, slightly offensive blog-posts.
* counter-acting rudeness in public and sticking up for others who are being dumped on.
When I pull my “Bitch” out I’m really only speaking my mind, demanding to be treated well, and standing up for myself. People can use the word “bitch” as an insult if they want, but to me a Bitch is a woman who owns her power. A Bitch is someone who is TRUE to herself without giving a rat’s ass what anyone else thinks about her. Embracing my inner bitch has been a very important and POWERFUL step toward my inner FREEDOM.
I’m still very loving, very compassionate and I’m the first person to give you a hug or a kind word. But don’t try to dim my light, back me into a corner or infringe on my freedom, ’cause this one Bitch don’t want to tangle with. 😉