Are you living the life you want? I’m not exactly. I mean, I have a beautiful home in a beautiful town with my beautiful family. On the outside looking in, many have said I live a charmed life. But I’m burnt out. Really burnt out. And so is my hubby.
I’ve mentioned before that I’m a full-time, unschooling Mama. We also co-sleep. So that means I am LITERALLY with my children 24 hours a day, every day. Some call it marathon-parenting, and that seems appropriate. Every day (and night) is a new marathon. Currently hubby and I are in survival mode. And that’s not fun. If you’re just surviving, you’re definitely not thriving…and neither are your children.
It’s time to make some changes. Right now. Right here.
*I envision my family as HAPPY, JOYFUL, and PLAYFUL. I see hubby and I REALLY enjoying each other, our children, and the freedom we’ve created for ourselves. *
I don’t think that vision is as far away as it feels and HERE are some steps I’m going to take to make it happen.
* I’m going to sign up with Sittercity.com and find the PERFECT sitter for my boys (I’m doing this right after I’m done with this post!)
* Hubby and I will have weekly dates again (life is SO MUCH better with weekly dates to look forward to!)
* This week my 7 year old will start sleeping in his own room. After this happens, we’ll work on our 4 year old.
* We will come up with a new bed-time routine that works for EVERYONE.
* I’m going to start planning our first night away from our children for our anniversary and will commit to doing this at least 3 times a year.
After writing this out, it doesn’t seem so difficult. Really, it’s just finding the right caregiver and changing our nightly habits. This feels good, so I’m going to continue. Other changes I’m going to make:
* I’m going to walk my dog every morning. It’s a lovely way to start the day and there will be a lot less poop in our yard!
* I’m going to sign my 7 year old (and maybe 4 year old) up for a homeschooling exploration group in September. This is a big step for us, as he’ll be gone for almost 4 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is something he’s resisted in the past but hubby and I both agree that EVERYONE is ready for this.
* We’re going to start designing and making our Unique Play Area in our yard for our children. This is something we’ve been TALKING about doing, but just not ACTUALLY doing. Dammit, it’s time! (I have some good ideas from Pinterest!)
I think that’s enough for now.
WOW! Writing out this post has changed my mood from sullen and frustrated to excited and empowered! That really IS magical!
What about you? Are you living the life you want? If not, what steps can you take TODAY to bring it closer?
Let’s create FREEDOM together on this Magical Monday. ♥