For today’s Create it Saturday project I decided to do something that you mamas want to wear yourself (I know I’m going to wear mine!) Also, sometimes it’s difficult to find something your teenager might want to make. Maybe this craft would allow for a little bonding time!
What you will need:
- Old t-shirt you don’t want to wear anymore (or you can pick one up for cheap at a thrift store)
- Ribbon (1 yard)
- Hot glue gun
- 2 rubber bands
- 2 button magnets
What to do:
1. Cut your shirt into 3 strips approximately 1-inch wide and about 12 inches long. But don’t stress cutting this precisely. The ends will roll in so you don’t need it to be perfect.
2. Cut the ribbon into 3 pieces around the same length as the shirt strips.
3. Tie one end with a rubber band and then separate the 3 strands. Tape that end down on a table or flat surface. (I actually taped it to my fridge so I would be able to do it at eye-level while standing). Start braiding!
4. When you get to the end of the braid, cut the ends, bunch all of the pieces together, and glue on one of your button magnets.
5. Do the same to the other end. Wrap it around your wrist and make sure you have the right length before gluing the second magnet.
6. Cut two little pieces of fabric (I just used the same t-shirt) to cover up the ends of your bracelet.
7. Glue your fabric in place.
We would LOVE to see your Create it Saturday creations! Please share with us by uploading a picture to our facebook page!!!
Contemplate, Create, Celebrate!