How do I know a toddler lives in our house? Let me count the silly little ways:
- The crunch of a wayward Cheerio can always be heard underfoot.
- Alphabet refrigerator magnets have migrated to the cabinet next door and taken up residence in the food processor.
- The paint on the door frame between the dining room and kitchen is chipped from repetitive baby wrangling by way of safety gate.
- This holiday season, “The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About Christmas” is our soundtrack and only the top two thirds of the tree is decorated.
- All chairs remain constantly tucked under tables so a certain little climber can’t summit Mount Dining Table…again.
- Every piece of jewelry I own is strewn about our bedroom floor each morning, because Nora likes to find and bring me my “wre-wrings” while I get ready in the mornings.
- Hearing “Hi mommy, hi daddy” over the baby monitor has become my wake up call.
- There is always love, laughter and snuggles within these walls.