2012 was a year I will never forget, full of new beginnings and memories I will forever cherish. Take a look at this list and let us know what reasons 2012 was a great year for you as well.
1. The birth of my daughter Madelyn. Entering into this world on April 20th, 2012 at a whopping 8.10 pounds, she is my little bundle of joy who lights up my life and makes me happy every day that I’ve become a mother.
2. The bond between my husband and I that has become stronger. After the birth of Maddie I had to recover for a few weeks and during that time my husband was not only helping me, but taking great care of her, our german shepherd Lucy and doing all the grocery shopping, errands and cleaning. Without his strong support and help, the first month would have been extremely difficult. As a result, I respect my husband more, which has in turn strengthened the bond we have between each other.
3. My mother and father. They are with me through thick and thin, good times and bad, and have been so good to me this past year, taking care of Maddie, helping me around the house and just always being available to watch the baby so my husband and I can go on a date. Thank you mom and dad!
4. Our dog Lucy. Being a german shepherd, she is a protector by nature, it comes easy to her, but taking care and being so gentle with the baby, is even better. She’s our gentle giant!
5. Work-life Balance/Career. I am truly lucky, grateful, appreciative and loyal to my employer who has allowed me to have a work-life balance conducive to a growing family.
6. Friends and the CT Working Moms Girls. To lean on when I need support, advice and just a good laugh.
..and now for the less serious reasons 2012 was a great year:
7. DVR. Thank you DVR for the ability to watch record and watch all my favorite reality TV programs at anytime of the day.
8. Price Rite. For the ability to quickly run into grocery store, get what I need and not break the bank.
9. Target. For being able to purchase basic clothes that are cheap and last a long time.
10. Margaritas. On those tough days, where I thought I couldn’t make it much longer, those drinks inspired me and allowed me to believe that things do get better with a margarita!
11. Sunglasses. To using them as a headband when I am not having a great hair day.
12. Maternity leggings and underwear. Thank you for being so comfortable while being pregnant. (shh a little secret – I still wear them for that reason!)