Like me, you probably don’t think of yourself as any kind of superhero. We love our children with every fiber of our being and, although we are not perfect, do the best we can for them. It turns out that maybe those everyday “ordinary” mom skills you possess are actually extraordinary super powers after all. Perhaps you haven’t thought of comparing moms to, say, Superman? Well, I decided to do just that and I must say the similarities are uncanny!
- Superman can lift objects hundreds of times his own weight including any sized vehicle over his head.
- Moms can carry an infant, two heavy bags of groceries, and manage to drag their toddler inside the house after an emotionally trying time at the grocery store.
- Superman possesses powers that allow him to quickly heal from wounds and makes him immune to all forms of human diseases, illnesses, viruses and toxins.
- Moms do everything in their power not to get sick in the first place because, let’s face it, we just don’t have time for that!
- Superman’s signature ability is his speed which allows him to move, react, run, and fly extremely fast.
- Moms (even ones that are 8 months pregnant) move at the speed of light when their toddler decides to make a mad dash for the road. Yes, that really happened.
Heightened Sense of Smell
- Superman has a heightened and highly accurate sense of smell.
- Moms can sniff out that dreaded poopy diaper in any crowd.
- Superman can hear sounds at far greater distances than normally humanly possible.
- Moms hear everything (for the most part) but are also smart enough to know that the sound of silence often means more trouble than any sound at all when it comes to children. Unless they are sleeping.
So although you may not receive the recognition that Superman (who, to be clear, is a fictional character) gets, just remember that you are one Super Mom!