My daughter turns three on Thursday. This age is fun, but it also can be hell (for me and my husband). And while I cannot freeze this moment in time and keep her this age forever, I can write it all down so I remember this challenging, fun, crazy, special age.
Happy 3rd Birthday Mia you are the light of our lives!
This is you at three.
1. We give you about 4 or 5 clothing options when you get ready in the morning and yet you insist on wearing this same shirt to bed and to school for the past week.
2. You have a nurturing soul and you try to comfort people when they are hurt ♥
3. Tacos, blueberry muffin tops, and blackberries are your favorite food.
4. You are a daredevil in every way and scare the crap out of your parents on a regular basis.
5. You entertain us with your “singing” and “playing the guitar”, except we don’t have any clue what it is that you are actually singing. (If anyone wants to venture a guess, we are all ears.)
6. You adore your cousins and friends at school.
7. You got some pretty sweet dance moves.
8. You are very dangerous with large objects.
9. You repeatedly run around our yard chasing birds shouting, “BIRDIE GET ON MY FINGER NOW!!!” They just stare at you and fly off as quickly as they can.
10. Socks are utterly useless in your world.
11. You are obsessed with MY shoes, yet you refuse to wear YOURS. You usually snag my shoes every morning while I am trying to get ready for work.
12. Sometimes, you don’t miss a beat. Other times, we can totally lie to you and get away with it.
13. You make this funny “cheese” face every time I try to take a picture of you. (If you could stop doing that I would appreciate it).
14. You want to know everyone on a first name basis. Like, every time you see someone new you ask “What is your name? What is your name?” It is cute, annoying, and scary that you have no problem approaching strangers.
15. You remind us that the simplest things (like sleep and eating in peace) bring the greatest joy.
16. We laugh at you (and with you) a lot.