1. When your toddler rips your earring from your ear during a screamy tantrum in her car seat, it’s incredibly hard to distinguish the difference between a dried-up raisin and your lost earring back on the floor of the car. Especially when the only time you have to look for said earring back is after bedtime, in the dark.
2. If I were to refuse the half-eaten offerings from my toddler, I’d probably never get a decent meal.
3. The Buckland Hills mall can be avoided entirely if it weren’t for that Stride Rite. But the carousel on a steamy ninety degree day does help, I’ll admit.
4. Even the most tolerant parents run out of patience at times. Toddlers teach that lesson well, as I found out in my all-time parenting low this week.
5. It’s worth delaying the afternoon nap when your daughter asks to stop everything and dance with you in the middle of the living room floor.
6. It really is possible to love them more today than you did yesterday.