Don’t let the exclamation point in the title fool you ~ I’m sicker than a dog and have very little enthusiasm for anything. But I DO know that counting my blessings is a sure-fire way to make me feel better, even if only for a couple minutes.
So today I’m grateful for:
* Nyquil! Sometimes I’m hesitant to take it when I have a house full of sickies, like I do now, but I figured if I’m sleeping deeper then maybe everyone else will too. Last night it totally did the trick.
* The Dog Whisperer! I just started watching this show and it’s keeping me company right now as I write this post. This dude totally rocks.
* Tissues with lotion!
* The ability and freedom to cancel the few things I had planned today ~ and I’m pretty sure my 8 year old won’t be disappointed he’s not going to the dentist this morning.
* Lemon-grass tea. I’m downing that shit like there’s no tomorrow!
* Even though there was SO MUCH I had planned this week, I know other opportunities will present themselves and I’m not missing out on anything.
* A lovely mid-day date with my hubby on Saturday. I’m VERY grateful that I was able to hold off my sickness until after our much-needed date. We soooo needed to catch up and reconnect and our date made all the difference.
* The rain and clouds the past two days ~ it makes sick-days much easier.
* My 5 year old’s croup seems to be much better today. Thank gawd! ‘Cause croup sucks.
* My hubby, who ran a trial marathon yesterday and came in 9th! And even after he got home all sore and beaten up, he helped me out with our sick family so much.
* The RELIEF I’ll feel in a day or two when I feel SO MUCH BETTER!
Don’t forget to count your blessings today, no matter how you feel!