I admit that I have never really been a winter girl. I don’t like skiing, I don’t particularly like ice-skating, and I really just don’t like being cold. I’m also not a fan of the 30 minutes it takes to dress 3 boys to go out and play in the snow. I could go on and on about all the things I dislike about winter, but instead I’d like to focus on the good parts.
So here we go, the things I appreciate about winter:
* Being cozy and warm inside when there is a snowstorm, especially at night. We’ll leave the deck lights on so we can watch the snow falling.
* Each time it snows, my boys get a cup and fill it up with snow and then pour juice over it for “Snow Slushies.”
* The ice crystals on branches that make the trees all sparkly.
* Comfort food! Soups, chili, casseroles. Yum.
* Winter beer. (Ipswich Winter is my fav.)
* Walks in the woods to a waterfall that is partially frozen ~ Mother Nature is quite the artist.
* Moonlight on icicles.
* Star-Sledding. We haven’t done it this year yet, but in the past we’ll wait until it gets dark and then go sledding on our yard under the stars. One of my favorite things of all time.
* Leggings and boots. Always a great combo.
* The excuse to stay in, hibernate, incubate, and cocoon. Been feeling that way a lot this winter.
This winter has actually been a great compliment to how I’ve been feeling. I’m usually one to pine away for warm weather, but this year I’m happy to be exactly where I am: slow, quiet, and contemplative. Yes, this year winter has been my friend.
Happy Magical Monday. ♥