This past week CTWM founder Michelle Noehren’s blog post featured some very personal confessions that we all can relate to at some point in our lives. After reading it, I decided that my post for the week would be on the same topic, except with a focus on “mom confessions.” Please feel free to share some of your confessions with us as well.
– This week our daughter went to daycare with no shoes! It was quiet embarrassing.
– I told my husband that I “forgot” to make daycare lunches twice this week, when in reality I just didn’t have the energy. Luckily, he had no issues making them last minute.
– I lost my patience today after numerous tantrums by 8:00 a.m. and yelled pretty bad. I felt horrible after.
– Like Michelle, I really was set on breastfeeding from the day I found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately, I too, had a difficult time post-delivery and between that issue and latching problems, I decided breastfeeding wasn’t for us.
– If we have a second child I will commit to trying breastfeeding longer and will try to not be so impatient during the process.
– I wish I had more patience, I struggle with it every day and wonder if I could ever handle a second child.
– I wish I was a more “go with the flow” kind of mother. Sometimes schedules can be broken.
– Between work, being a working mom and post nap activities with my fellow Moms Club members, my sex drive has gone down the drain. It can be such a struggle to not only find time, but be in the mood and not exhausted.
– I would be lost without the support and love from my father. He is such a wonderful person for watching our daughter during the work week. He is a natural.
– I am getting really tired of preparing and cooking meals. It’s been a “breakfast for dinner” type of month for us.
– Pre-baby, I never believed working mothers who said “work is a break for me,” now I realize it’s true.
– I just felt guilty for writing that statement.
– Since becoming a mom, I don’t feel as attractive as I once did. Why are we so hard on ourselves?
– My car is messy and at times, filled with diapers, wipes and toys. It really doesn’t bother me, in fact, I like it.
So ladies, what are some of your confessions?