I recently saw a “wish bowl” at my chiropractors office and inquired as to how it works. The receptionist said that each week patients write their most private wishes and place them in the wish bowl. At the end of each week, my chiropractor takes them to Vermont where she burns them in a fire pit in hopes they come true. What a great idea, right?!
As I was in the waiting room, I sat and thought about what’s important to me right now, in this moment, and what’s important for my family. I decided to write up a few wishes – well a few turned into a lot. I thought I would share them with you in hopes that you find the time to create your own families “wish bowl.”
– To take a moment to breathe, relax and enjoy being a mother and stop worrying about our “to-do” list.
– To realize that acquiring patience doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a process that takes many months, if not years.
– To fall in love all over again with my wonderful husband. I miss those butterflies in my stomach!
– To make time for myself to enjoy the outdoors.
– To stop worrying about what other people may think of me. Take it or leave it, this is who I am.
– To appreciate the surprises of what a new day brings me. It’s a learning lesson that never stops.
– To become a better listener. Sometimes I need to stop talking and just listen.
– To come to grips with the fact that my body delivered a happy, healthy, baby girl. It took a beating, but it was worth it. I am blessed.
To all the amazing mothers out there, what are some of your wishes?