Yesterday I was driving to work when a teenage/early twenty-something young woman came screeching around a corner blowing through a yellow light in her SUV, music on full blast, cigarette in one hand and cell phone in the other. Now, I hate to be the old man screaming at the kids to get off the grass, but I was like, “Jeeez, really? You could have killed someone there!” Not only did she break three laws (speeding, not stopping, and hand-held phone while driving) she had absolutely NO REGARD for anyone on the road. That lack of common courtesy seems to be a trend.
Add another thing to the list of stuff that’s been irritating me lately. I don’t know if it’s my hormones or what, but lately little things have really been getting on my nerves. I figured I’d get it all off my chest here – so you can stop reading if you don’t want to hear my griping.
10. People who phone me at 8am and want to chat – then get annoyed because I can’t talk. At 8am I am jumping in the shower and getting out the door to work. I’m sorry I can’t have a long discussion about whatever it is that you want to talk about, but I really do have to be at my office on time.
9. People who don’t wipe down their machines at the gym. Really, I don’t want to work out in a pool of your sweat. The gym provides paper towels and disinfectant…give it a spritz.
8. People who tell you that you should “smile” – always male senior citizens. I must walk around looking like Grumpy Cat because I’m frequently told that I should smile. I really hate that and it makes me feel like frowning more, not smiling.
7. Leaving dirty cups in the sink. Our dishwasher is right next to the sink – it takes exactly the same amount of energy to put your cup in the dishwasher as in the sink, please do that instead.
6. Empty boxes in the pantry. This drives me bananas. If you finish the last FILLINTHEBLANK break up the box and place it in the recycling bin. It would also help if you told me that we were out of FILLINTHEBLANK so I could buy more the next time I went to the grocery store.
5. People who let their dog poop on our lawn and don’t pick it up. My kid plays there…his friends play there…it’s gross and unsanitary. I chased down a guy the other day and gave him a bag and said, “Here, you forgot something.” SCOOP YOUR POOP PEOPLE!
4. Pop-up boxes on websites, lengthy advertising videos, and sites that won’t let you continue without providing your name, email, and promising to turn over your first-born child just to browse the site.
3. Halloween merchandise on display at Walmart. I haven’t even taken my summer vacation yet!
2. Speaking of summer vacation…my son’s music school that wants the kids to come in every day for an hour in the late afternoon during the last week of summer vacation to “get a jump on” the repertoire for the next semester. Seriously? It can’t wait a week? Every day? For an hour in the middle of the afternoon? No, can do. I’m letting my child enjoy his last week of summer vacation without having to stop playing – you’re only a kid once.
1. The fact that the summer has already gone by WAY TOO FAST and I haven’t had an opportunity to do everything I wanted to do.
I think I really need that vacation!