This month’s theme is focused on peace. As I sit down to type this the first thing that comes to my mind is how hard achieving peace can really be. I never thought about it that much before kids, but soon after I became a mom, I realized it’s very important for myself and family. Over the past few years I’ve tried hard and realized that I can do all the walking, eating right and exercising I can, but what it really comes down to is you have to be at peace with yourself in order to be in a peaceful state. It is not just physical, rather it’s emotional and spiritual.
Peace to me is when I:
- Let go of the past and negative thoughts that come with it.
- Understand that I can’t change the way people may think of me or act.
- Understand that I can’t force relationships with people no matter how hard I want or try to.
- Accept myself for who I am.
When I can achieve these actions I am able to:
- Love who I am, unconditionally.
- Love others for how God made them out to be and value them for who they are.
- Love people’s differences, their strengths and weaknesses.
- Value the friendships I have.
- Cleanse my mind from negativity and allow new opportunities or ideas to flow.
Peace is a process not a feeling. It’s a journey for me, rather than a state. My life changes constantly and being able to juggle and adapt when peace for me can grow.
How do you find peace within yourself?