Before becoming a mother there were several things that I took for granted: Thursday night happy hours, eating wings on the couch while watching the Yankees play, long showers, blow drying my hair, and blasting music while driving in my car.
Now that I commute with a toddler and preschooler, my music choices are limited and usually involve: the wheels on the bus, the ABCs or five little monkeys jumping on the bed. My girls and I sing songs, talk about our day, or tell stories. I love this time, but I do miss cranking up the radio and jamming to my new favorite song, while driving in traffic.
I miss listening to music in my car. As a result, I have had music on the brain, and for the past several days I have randomly found myself singing and thinking of different songs throughout my day. It’s turned into the soundtrack of my life. Here is my most recent playlist:
- Under Pressure by David Bowie; while I was showering and getting everyone ready for the day
- Found Love by Rihanna; on the way to work
- Set Adrift on Memory Bliss by PM Dawn; first half of my day at work
- She Works Hard for the Money by Donna Summer; during my working lunch
- Song of the South by Alabama; second half of my work day
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper; when I opened an email outlining a future girl’s weekend, to celebrate my besties 30th birthday!
- Incredible Machine by Sugarland; on the way home from work
- Woods by Bon Iver; making dinner
- You and I by Lady Gaga; getting the girls ready for bed
- Easy From Now On by Miranda Lambert; winding down the day
I recently heard a morning radio show talking about how old school hits can cheer you up and make you feel better. I would totally agree!
Do you have a soundtrack to your life? What does it sound like? What music is on your mind?
Post your favorite playlist!