February brings with it the 6 month anniversary of the CT Working Moms website! The site has done better than we could have ever imagined and we are so happy that you enjoy our content and posts. It’s been a really great 6 months and we’re excited for the next 6! Check out some detail about the development of our website:
We have 17 fabulous work-mom bloggers. (See them here)
- We’ve put up 382 blog posts.
- You’ve left 2,000 comments (we love your comments!)
- We’ve had over 22,000 website hits.
- There are 51 people subscribed to our site (meaning they get an email every time a new post goes up) (p.s. you know you want to subscribe too, like right now)
- We’ve given away 52 freebies (mostly from CT based artisans) (another one coming this Friday!)
We were nominated for:
- Best Local Mom Blog by Parents Magazine
- Top 100 Mom Blogs by Babble.com
Our top 5 most viewed blog posts to date are:
- How Can I Be a Pro-Choice Mom
- Not Your Ordinary Green Bean Casserole
- Don’t Sell Me Mom Jeans
- Cleaner Living Toxin #10
- 25 Rules for Mothers of Sons
The top 3 terms people used in search engines to find our site:
- green bean casserole (wow, you all really loved this one!)
- mom jeans (because that is one darn funny post!)
- ct working moms (classic)
Our Confess It Page has 50 confessions from our readers.
- Magical Monday (Written by Kate Street)
- They Said it Tuesday
- Wisdom Wednesday (Written by Sarah Bernhardson)
- Tasty Thursday (Written by Gena Golas)
- Freebie Friday
- Special Needs Sunday (Written by Kris-Ann Race)
- Cleaner Living (Written by Dena Fleno) This terrific column was recently featured by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics – a big deal!
We’ve gathered information for you about many topics important to working moms including:
- Caring for Yourself
- Child Care
- Healthy & Safety
- Newsletters of Interest
- Special Needs Families
On a personal level, I have to say my favorite thing about the website so far are our terrific work-mom bloggers that write such great content. I love that our bloggers are honest about their feelings, honest about how it really is to be a working mom and I love the community we have started to create here in Connecticut.
Help us celebrate this milestone by leaving a comment and letting us know some of your favorite things about the website! xoxo
8 thoughts on “Happy Anniversary to Us!”
congrats ctworkingmoms.com and to all of you who make it a great daily read! as a subscriber I love:
-the variety of topics covered, from recipes and toxin awareness to real mom, honest stories
-the diversity of perspectives your bloggers and commenters offer
-the chance to win awesome local artisan products
-the opportunity to feel like a part of a community that is dedicated to supporting moms and families of all types/walks/circumstances
Yay! So happy to be a part of this online community. Awesome stats!! Looking forward to the next 6.
I loved seeing those stats! I’m proud of the site and what we’ve done. Thanks, Michelle, for the opportunity!
Keep those comments coming!
HORRAY!!!!! – I am so glad to be a prat of this Up and Coming Website as a Blogger.
Thank you for the Opportunity to share some parts of my life with all of you.
Really great stats and well done to all involved keep up the great work! Any recommendations for ct working dad blogs out there?
Wow…look at all we have done in 6 months! So proud to be a part of it!
Wow! Those are some impressive stats! It’s been great being involved in this…here’s to many more months! 🙂
So proud and happy to be part of this group. Big things will happen for CT Working Moms! Happy Anniversary.