Newsflash: “Going Green” can actually come in all shades of colors!
That being said, check out this fun way to put those old, broken, good-for-nothing (or so you thought!) crayon bits to great use by turning them into NEW, even BETTER (if you ask me) crayons!
All you need:
- Muffin tin (one that you will not use for baking food items in) – I purchased a 6 muffin tin at my local dollar store! *Note: candy and soap making molds can also be fun to use because you can make crayons of different shapes and sizes!
- Broken crayons (the more colors the better)
What to do:
- After making sure to remove all of the paper labels from the crayons, start by cutting the broken crayons into small pieces using a sharp knife. (This should be done by the adult)
- Pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees F
- Fill your muffin tin with about an inch thick of broken crayon bits
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until all of the wax has melted
- After your tin is cool, pop out your crayons and start coloring!
Looking for a fun party favor for the kiddos? Why not make a bunch of these multi-colored crayons? They’re sure to be a hit!