As 2012 draws to a close, I, like many of you, have been reflecting on the last twelve months and what I’ve achieved, gain, lost, etc. A popular internet meme is the simple: Are you richer/poorer, fatter/thinner, happier/sadder than you were last year at this time? I’m not sure those first two HONESTLY matter, but that’s the meme.
For those who care, I’m poorer, fatter and happier. And exhausted (but you all know that by now, HA.). Last year this time I had a full time job and a colicky baby. I took the year to explore freelance… and learned a lot about myself.
So, based on the last year’s experience and lessons, here is my real list of 2013:
- Find a full time job.
- Continue to improve my time management skills.
- Keep taking tons of pictures of the girls. Make yearly photo books.
- Be IN the picture more.
- Read 25 books.
- Spend more time with my husband.
- Spend more time with my friends.
- Make — and keep — my health a priority.
- Plant flowers.
- Plant an herb garden.
- Take a class.
- Meal plan consistently.
- Put thought and effort into finally finishing our bedroom.
- Refinish our dressers.
- Find a new area rug for the living room.
- Get Audrey off the binky. HAHAHAHAHAHAOMG.
- Run at least two 5Ks and one 10K.
- Go on a family vacation.
- Take the kids to the ocean.
- Invite our friends and family over more often. Crowded house be damned.
- No new pets in 2013.
- Become more involved in my community.
- Make our house more Audrey-friendly. She’s a daredevil and it’s time we accept it instead of chasing her around all day and night.
- Slumber party for the girls in our family room.
- Find the perfect gift for my husband for at least one of the following occasions: Father’s Day, his birthday, our anniversary, Christmas…. JUST ONE.
- Go easier on myself. Sometimes good is good enough.
- Be craftier. Create more with my creative little girls.
- Put more effort into how I look. Like, whoa.
- Be more patient and kind.
- Remember to stop and be present in the moment.
I realize that I may be biting off more than I can chew, but hey, go big or go home, right?!
And to start off, here’s today’s attempt at #4 and #27 a day early:
Happy New Year!