Summer is just around the corner and with the warmer weather comes more barbeques and parties with friends and family. Want to impress your wine drinking guests? How about crafting up your own unique wine glass charms? If you are not familiar with them, they’re little charms that you put around the stem of your wine glass to help you distinguish your glass from the others. They’re fun (and easy!) to make, decorative and serve a purpose to boot! Give them away as gifts or keep them for your own get-togethers!
What you will need:
- Thin, pliable wire
- Wire cutters
- Beads and charms (It can be fun to create themed sets)
- Needle nose pliers
- Jump rings (for hanging dangling charms like my starfish)
How to make them:
- Once you decide how many to make, cut your wire into 3 inch pieces.
- Use the pliers to make a hook at one end of the wire.
- String your beads onto the wire and add your jump ring with the charm. Make sure to leave a little room on the end.
- After you add all of your beads, use the pliers to make another hook on the remaining end. This will allow you to hook the two ends together so it stays on your glass.
Now for the most important step: go and pour yourself a glass of wine, sit back, and enjoy!