So me and the hubby are trying for the second spawn in our family.
Yup, you heard right, we are on the old baby making train. Even though there are many things I cannot stand about pregnancy the end result is obviously amazing which is why we put ourselves through that hell over and over again. (Please do not bombard me with how fabulously easy your pregnancy was I may punch you in the face).
I had the worst first trimester ever with my first child and when I say ever, I mean I was admitted to the hospital for two weeks with Hyperemisis Gravadium. It was awful.
BUT since I am a half-full glass kind a chick, here are the good things about trying for another baby & pregnancy (or as I call it, my delusional rationalizations as to why I am signing up for this again):
1. Baby making time makes my hubby happy since I am screwing him more. Honestly sex is like the gym, sometimes I am so damn tired but I am so happy I went and even more happy when I orgasm.
2. Drinking a glass of wine every night (until I find out I am pregnant) does not seem weird because I know the impending doom. I do this because I know my love for wine is a no go especially in the first trimester. I do partake in a glass here or there after the first trimester, but waiting for those 12-14 weeks is hell for me 🙂
3. BIG ole boobies! I have always had small breasts but man they blow the hell up to DD’s and it is freaking amazing. I feel like a hot porn star!
4. Because you are pregnant and tired as fuck your husband allows much more leeway of sloth. This will undoubtedly be tougher with a toddler but I know my hubby he is great and will let me sleep in or get a a nap here or there. If nothing for his own sanity. Or else??!!!
5. MATERNITY CLOTHES! Ladies we all know how amazingly comfortable these outfits are and damn they are way cuter than the moo moo’s our mothers used to wear.
6. For me, I get incredibly clear skin which is great since you can’t use anything with real zit fighting cleanser anyway while preggo.
7. I will even turn my morning sickness positive: I always lose some weight….
8. My hair is thick but it turns into a damn horse mane! Seriously I could do a Pantene proV commercial, of course I would look like a disheveled homeless person from tiredness but still.
9. People are just nicer to pregnant women. For some reason whether it’s empathy, excitement or sympathy other people go out of your way to help you.
10. Since you feel like crap the first trimester and are tired with pelvic cracking pain in the third, you can get out of events you may not otherwise have! Think about it ladies? Hate your mother in law? “Oh sorry I am throwing up?” Don’t want to go to your husbands golf tournament? “Oh hun I am so constipated, oh wait nope now it is diarrhea.” WORKS EVERY TIME!
So ladies what are the things you love about pregnancy besides the obvious of creating a life?