She is brave, she is bold, she is…bored! Here are some signs that my daughter would be very happy to have a sibling:
1. She loves babies. In fact, she’s been carrying two water bottles around the house named Sofia and…I forget the other one’s name, saying they are her babies. She has also been spotted pushing them around in her stroller.
2. She wants to play with my husband and me all. the. time. This is particularly daunting when I am lying on the couch exhausted and all I want to do is watch HGTV. She desperately needs a permanent playmate – mommy and daddy don’t always cut it. We’re tired.
3. It would be great for her to fully grasp the concept of sharing. While she is definitely learning this in school and with her friends – and I have witnessed plenty of only children who are kind, generous, and giving – my daughter in particular needs a sibling to test and expand her sharing capacity.
4. A few months ago, when her friends at daycare were talking about their siblings, Mia, feeling left out, referred to Mr. Potato Head as her brother.
5. She has the biggest, kindest heart and has so much love to share. Any kid would be lucky to have her as their Big Sister!
While it has taken us a little longer than we anticipated (another post, for another day my friends), my daughter will finally become a Big Sister this winter! We are beyond excited to enter this next chapter in our family. Motherhood has truly taught me that children are little miracles and we feel so lucky to be growing another one right now.