I’m feeling it’s time to unleash more True Confessions ~ one of my absolute favorite things to do. Here we go:
* My 9 year old is taking a homeschool science class, which he loves. The only bad part is that he has homework, and I have to help him. I’ve said a few choice things about homework in his presence and I resent I have to help him. In my opinion homework should be done away with altogether because it teaches kids to bring their work home. Work should stay at work. School should stay at school. I feel very passionate about this and I won’t even debate anyone who says anything differently. HOMEWORK SUCKS!
* All winter my 9 year old is the only son out of 3 that has been properly attired for outside play. My 6 year old absolutely refuses to wear anything but crocs (and has been like this since he was 2) and the boots I ordered for my baby didn’t fit. So when we play out in the snow my 2 year old wears his sneakers and socks (and never complains) and my 6 year old stays inside and plays video games (and never complains).
* I haven’t washed my bedsheets in well over a month.
* I haven’t washed the bedsheets on my boys bunk beds since Christmas. (Do you KNOW how hard it is to make bunk beds?!)
* I don’t really care about washing bedsheets.
* I let my baby eat ice cream for breakfast because I know I’m no match for a 2 year old and the battle isn’t worth it.
* Amy’s Organic Burritos are a true staple in our household. If the boys don’t like what we’re having for dinner they’ll eat those. When I can’t figure out lunch, they’ll eat those. Sometimes they have them as snacks. I go to BJ’s and spend $60 on burritos. I’m known to feel a little panicky when we’re running low….like right now. Off to BJ’s today!
* I probably make too big a deal out of messes in my house. I have a rule: “only one mess at a time.” Sometimes I feel guilty because I want them to be free to explore and I don’t want to squash their creativity, but a messy house REALLY stresses me out. I’ve been working on this.
* I sometimes buy those huge troughs of Utz Cheese Balls even though no one else likes them except me and my 2 year old. I’ve been known to hide them from my 2 year old when we’re getting too close to the bottom.
Those are some of my latest. Care to share yours? Happy Magical Monday. ♥
11 thoughts on “Magical Monday: True Confessions”
OMG bed sheets and homework. Hate them. I swear I have to force myself to do laundry loads of sheets and towels to make sure we’re not wallowing in our own filth for too long! Awful. Thanks for this!
I just love you! And totally relate to what you said about washing bed sheets! Haha
hahah! I bought a bag of cheese curls for my son’s birthday that never got opened…. so I confiscated them to my office and ate the whole bag myself over the course of the last 3 weeks. 🙂 I don’t mind changing the sheets so much only because, for me, the thought of climbing into fresh sheets outweighs the pain of changing them. My mom confession is that my son is a year old and I’m still only brushing his teeth about once every 3 days. We don’t get home until nearly 5:30pm, at which time he eats dinner, maybe has a tubby (which usually ends in tears because I’m a mean mommy and had to wash his hair), changes into his pj’s (which he usually cries/whines through) snuggles with daddy for a few minutes and then is off to bed by 6:30pm. Teeth brushing is just not always in the cards… but I’m working on it.
We are totally on the same wavelength!! I’ve been thinking about doing a true confessions post and now that you have I’m even more motivated!! I always LOVE reading yours. Your point about homework made me think, I hadn’t considered that it teaches kids it’s OK to take work home. Interesting.
Can’t WAIT to read your True Confessions!!
I LOVE cheese balls! I often wonder how often people do things like wash their bedsheets or mop their floors. Someday I’ll get up the nerve to do a survey to see how “off” I am.
Okay, since ya’ll mentioned cheese-balls, I’m thinking I’m gonna have to buy some this week. I won’t make the beds, but I will buy the cheese balls! 😉
OMG, those cheeseballs from costco (or, I guess you get them from BJs) – pure addiction. I hide them from my boy, too, because: 1) he will scream nonstop for them; 2) they’re MINE!!! Hahaha.
I HATE making my kids’ beds. They don’t have bunkbeds but they do have a platform bed (the mattress sits inside the little box) that makes it impossible to get the sheets on without lifting the mattress out of the bedframe. By the time I am done making those beds, I am DRENCHED in sweat. Then the added hassle of putting on the comforter and tucking it in so that my kids don’t inadvertently pull it over their heads at night (they’re still young and have not entirely gotten the hang of blankets yet)…might as well reserve a full hour for me to change two stinkin’ beds…
Oh yes, yes, another cheese-ball-lovin’-making-kids-beds-hater. I knew I loved you!
Haha, love the cheese ball confession. We bought our kids car beds… I can totally relate to the stress of making a bed. We have to lift the mattress out of the car to get the mattress pad and sheet on, to put it back. REALLY?!
RIGHT?! And the problem with fixing the top bunk is you have to lift the mattress but you’re ON TOP of the mattress. I just don’t get it….