I am a mom of a boy. He’s totally a boys boy. Lover of all things ROAR! and VROOM! and FAST! and CRASH! So when thinking about Valentine’s Day, the lovingest, pinkest, and sweetest holiday of the year, I needed to be choosy about the love messages my main man would be sending out to all of his friends at school. There’s no secret about this- the boy LOVES SHARKS.
Seriously- how many shark shirts can one boy have? Answer- as many as he dang well pleases!
We do shark crafts.
We demand face painting clowns at preschool to give us Shark tattoos.
So what else is left to do but…
We will hand out shark valentines to our friends!!
Check this OUT! I’m super pumped, woah excited, and thrilled to make these for Jake to pass around to his friends on V-Day. And super easy! Glitter card stock, clothespins, a bag of sequins, and little bags of Swedish Fish. I may even make one for myself!
Family Fun Magazine featured this little project in their Valentine’s Day ideas, and I am happy to make up a bunch for MY Valentine for HIS Valentines!
Shark Valentines Card Directions:
- Start by drawing the shark’s top and bottom halves as shown or tracing the shark template on glitter card stock.
- Cut out the halves, then apply tacky glue along one side of a clothespin and adhere them
- Place the shark on waxed paper to dry
- When the glue is dry, slightly bend one tail section forward so that when the mouth opens, the tail parts smoothly pass one another
- Glue on a sequin eye
- Cut a paper heart (pinking shears to trim a “bite” is optional)
- write your message
- glue the heart to a treat
2 thoughts on “A JAWsome Shark Valentine- DIY Shark Valentines”
I.love.this. Thanks for sharing!