Years from now I will look back on January 2015 and laugh, maybe.
January brought me:
- 3 family members with flu (4 if you count my mother)
- 1 nanny with a cold and pink eye
- 1 ear infection for Lovey
- 1 cold for Lovey (which exacerbates asthma)
- 6 doctor visits
- 2 major snowstorms
- 8 missed school days for the girls
- 4.5 days of missed work, plus 2 snow days for me
- a two-week long battle with medical supply and our insurance company over this nebulizer (you’d have thought I was asking for Connecticare to buy me crack)
That darn groundhog didn’t see his shadow (or did, I don’t know WTF it means) and we’re stuck as usual with another 6 weeks of winter. And there’s snow in the forecast for Thursday and Sunday. I can’t even. I’m typically a pretty positive person but this month ran me over and then backed up to make sure the job was complete. I’m ready to move on to bigger and better things. February, I’m looking at you, don’t let me down.
5 thoughts on “#survivalmode”
This sounds so familiar! Except I only have one little sickie (besides myself). It’s been a rough winter so far. You’re not alone, though!
Shitstorm, snowstorm, it’s all the same these days! Hang in there.
I’m with you girl – here’s hoping Feb is better!
I am routing for you! Hang in there!