At 7 months pregnant, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can see myself getting energy back, mobility improving and overall just feeling better.
This pregnancy has kicked my butt. I went from having a very active social life and fitness routine to becoming a couch patio in a matter of a few weeks. This is how pregnancy has changed me this time around:
- I went from an active social life to one that’s only active while sitting on the couch navigating social media.
- I went from working out three times a week at the gym to barely walking twenty minutes a day.
- I went from eating ice cream and whatever I wanted to watching what I ate so I don’t raise my sugar levels and gain too much weight.
- I went from staying up at night to dropping my head on my dinner plate.
- I went from not crying often to crying like a toddler.
- I went from sleeping on my stomach to sleeping up like an old person in a recliner.
- I went from hanging out with family and friends on the weekends (this one stings the most) to staying home on weekends.
- I went from cooking wonderful meals to cooking rubber chicken with rice and frozen peas.
- I went from having some patience to having absolutely no patience.
- I went from caring what I looked like to only caring if I my pants could fit over my ass in the morning.
While I do get frustrated with the “temporary” me, I do know it won’t last forever and I hope that once baby comes I can slowly go back to being the “old” me. Or, even better, maybe I will turn into a “new” me. Not sure what that would consist of, but looking forward to the future.
How has being pregnant changed you “temporarily?”