I know people like reading lists on this here Internet. Usually lists that help you learn or do something. But I like to put little twists into my posts and sometimes they are completely self-serving as is the case here.
Help me, Internets, with the 5 things I can’t nail down at the moment:
- My kids hug strangers. Like not just say hi to them but full on, straight up, all-out hug them. We were at a little outdoor concert last weekend in Northampton and my kids both cozied up to some random stranger lying down on the grass next to us. I don’t know what to do about this. The repeated no’s and re-direction don’t seem to work.
- No amount of bribing or frustration or ignoring or praising or seemingly anything will get the second kid to commit to the second half of potty training if you know what I mean. It’s a power struggle.
- There’s a bully at my kid’s school that others on the IEP team want to put my girl with next year. Well, not they they want to put her with him but they want her in the classroom he will be in. Saying no to this isn’t the hard part – understanding why they put the bad kids with the most vulnerable is.
- For the past 2 or 3 years, there’s been a fat woodchuck living under our shed. It’s really fat. The other day we discovered that perhaps the fat was not really fat cause now there’s a baby woodchuck. Despite the cuteness, they need to leave. How do I make that happen? (Without killing them.)
- It never fails – after vacuuming every nook and cranny of my house, a dog hair tumbleweed always comes floating by immediately after putting the vacuum away.
Oh the struggle.