I cannot believe it is September 2017.
In September 2015, we weren’t even ready to try to get pregnant.
In September 2016, our baby was born.
And now I am the mom of a one-year-old.
The lowest point of the year was three months in when I told my wife “I hate who you are as a parent.” I don’t, and I wish I could take those words back.
The highest points of the year were the firsts – first smile, first roll-over, first crawl, first word, first waving hi. –PAUSE FOR SOBBING—
Biggest surprise is how happy I am. I expected post-partum depression and a lot of work and stress and honestly, motherhood has been amazing to me so far. I am so, so happy.
Where Little Miss Is:
- Has two teeth
- Can crawl, cruise, stand, and almost walk
- Loves dogs
- Doesn’t like banana
- Gets fussy when she sees me because she wants to nurse
- Goes to bed around 6:30 and sleeps about 12 hours!!
- Smiles when she sees her Nana
- Has very cute thigh rolls
- Is tiny
- Entertains herself for long stretches of time reading board books very seriously… upside-down
Where I Am:
- Further advanced in my career by lightyears than pre-kid
- Grateful that Little Miss is so easygoing
- Looking to add some more work time away from Little Miss into my life
- Sleeping through the night 🙂
- Amazed at how freeing each step of independence is (she can feed herself food and drink and doesn’t rely exclusively on my boobs for nutrition so I can spend longer periods away)
- Looking forward to communicating and interacting with Little Miss in more and more ways
- Not looking forward to tantrums
- Excited and terrified for her to walk any day
- In love
- Genuinely so happy
- Lucky and thankful
Where My Marriage Is:
- Less sex (duh)
- Less time together
- Trying to conceive a second child
- Spending all our time away from Little Miss talking about how amazing Little Miss is and looking at photos and videos of her