So my name is actually Felicia, and being a self-proclaimed extroverted introvert the “Bye, Felicia” fad is perfect because I’m ready to leave anyway. BYE!
Seriously though, it’s part of my daily life and here’s a few other fun facts in getting to know me:
- My nanny’s toddler-daughter calls me “Bye, Felicia.” Like that’s my name. “Hi Bye, Felicia,” “Bye, Felicia, I like your shoes,” “Bye, Felicia, I like your necklace.” Literally everyday.
- I can officially report that after 8 years, 1 month and 27 days – we are diaper FREE! Having 5 kids back to back means I never had breaks in between baby and toddler phases. But the day has finally come and the last one is out of diapers. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have a bonfire with my husband and burn some commemorative diaper boxes.
- I’m a nerd when it comes to books and movies. While my office friends were making plans to see the new 50 Shades movie, I had already bought tickets to Black Panther. And if I explained the Marvel Cinematic Universe marathon we completed in time before Infinity Wars, this post would be too long.
- People perceive me as calm, but I’m really a mover and a shaker. Case in point, my husband and I chose to book our 10 year anniversary trip (this August!) at Universal. We talked about places all over the world, and that’s where we landed. Sitting on the beach is only appealing for like an hour and a half. #soulmates.
- One of my greatest strengths is also my greatest weakness. I am a master multi-tasker. I do it all, and I do it all the time. I am productive and get a lot done, but my kids perceive me as ‘always busy’. When my daughter said that to me recently it hurt my heart. I know I’m busy, but I want them to perceive me as here for them… since that’s why I’m trying to do it all in the first place.
Everyday is a journey. I’ll keep trying to be better the next day and always find the fun.