School’s (almost) out for summer! And if I’m being honest, there were some long, winter days where I never thought we would get to this point. Sunshine, hot days, motivation to get out of the house and make some memories…
My 7 year old daughter is psyched for summer. She wrote up a fun list of things for us to do together as a family and I thought I’d share:
- Go to the beach with friends. Did you know that starting this year, folks whose cars are registered in Connecticut can enter any state park or beach for free?
- Card games. We love Sushi Go!
- Ride bikes. Admittedly my 7 year old cannot ride a bike yet. We plan on tackling this during the summer.
- Ice Cream. Nothing is more perfect in the summer than a late night ice cream run!
- Dr. Suess Museum. We’ve never been but my daughter really got into Dr. Suess this year.
I’m also adding a few more:
8. A week on our favorite lake in Vermont. Lake Willoughby has a special place in my family’s hearts and we sadly have not made a trip up there for a few years. I’m excited for us to go as a family of 4 and more excited to share the experience with Livy.
9. Hit up a couple of breweries we haven’t checked out yet.
10. Run around and catch fireflies.
Next month I’ll share some of our experiences. What are some things on your summer bucket list?